There are three classes of memberships: Fellow Members, Ordinary Members and Associate Members. Fellow and Ordinary members are in corporate basis and associate members can be either corporate or individual whose interests are in line with the objectives of the Association.
a. Fellow Members :
- Founder members of the Association; or
- Subject to the approval of the Council, members who have become Ordinary Members as defined in (b) below for three consecutive years.
b. Ordinary Members :
- Corporate bodies of Hong Kong being authorized distributors of Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Equipment or contractors whose names appear on the list of Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Plants including ductwork, Groups I and II maintained by the Government Secretariat Works Bureau of Hong Kong SAR; and
- subject to the approval of the Council, members who have become Associate Members as defined in (c) below for five consecutive years and have served the Council for 2 years.
c. Associate Members :
- Any person (including corporate bodies) whose interests are in line with the Objectives of the Association.